Job Advert: Maternity Cover - Administrator
Crosslands aims to provide excellent in-context theological training and resources for churches and church leaders in the UK, Europe and 10:40 window.
We are looking for a hard-working, effective and efficient administrator to provide ongoing, proactive administrative services to Crosslands as maternity cover for our existing administrator.
Find out more about the mission, vision and values of Crosslands at www.crosslands.training or facebook.com/crosslands.training
The overall objectives for the Administrator are to:
- Work with the Project Director, Faculty, Staff and Supporters to ensure excellent in-context theological training and resources are provided in the UK, Europe and 10:40 window;
- Provide a friendly and helpful “reception desk” for all enquirers;
- Support the Project Director with timely and accurate reporting;
- Develop and administrate appropriate back-office systems; and
- Ensure that Crosslands remains compliant with relevant legislation.
More specifically, the Administrator will themselves be responsible to:
- Operate and maintain the customer relationship management system, providing guidance to students, churches and enquirers on establishing and maintaining studies with Crosslands;
- Keep current students and their supporters regularly updated on planning, logistics, schedules, requirements by providing a ‘one-stop-shop’ point of contact;
- Track, record and report on student progress;
- Plan and organise meetings, travel and seminary-level residential logistics;
- Represent Crosslands publicly at events and conferences;
- Provide and maintain efficient and effective ICT-based administration;
- Produce and distribute reports and minutes for board/faculty/staff meetings;
- Deliver a robust financial service in consultation with our accountants, including payroll, financial reconciliation, invoicing and receipting; and
- Manage the submission of annual reports and returns to statutory bodies, banks and other legal bodies.
Motive and Vision:
- Gospel-hearted individual who understands and is passionate about the theological training and resourcing of churches and church leaders in the UK, Europe and 10:40 window to develop Christians who are theologically clear, culturally engaged and missionally innovative;
- Understands the demands of in-context training and the need to support church leaders with Reformational, Evangelical and Missional resources where they live;
- Can articulate a vision for integrating training with the life, rhythms and practice of the local church;
- Has a global perspective, with a particular understanding of what it means to work cross-culturally; and
- Is able to work wholeheartedly, generously and open-handedly, holding beliefs in-line with the Crosslands Statement of Faith and Ethics Policy.
Character and Style:
- Interpersonally effective, able to engage and influence people of different backgrounds and levels of seniority;
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration;
- Shows drive and ability to execute;
- Combines humility with the confidence and skill to challenge others;
- Role-models an organised and disciplined life, sets high standards and supports those standards with practical routines;
- Accepts direction willingly but does not need to be closely supervised; and
- Demonstrates a commitment to the delivery of the service to meet unexpected demands and needs.
Core Functional Experience and Skills:
o High level of literacy and numeracy;
o High level of competency in the use of ICT, including Apple products, Microsoft Office or equivalent;
o Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
o Good organisational skills, including forward-planning, scheduling and identification of risks;
o Some experience of providing performance and financial reports;
o Experience of working in a customer-focused environment & providing answers to customer and partner queries.
o A working knowledge of Quickbooks or CRM systems;
o Project Management qualifications;and
o Proficient in one or more foreign languages.